Spark of Genius Camp
produced by AGBeat.com - business intelligence delivered.
What is Spark of Genius Camp?
The genius of every day business decision makers is shared and showcased at the new Spark of Genius Camp, a day packed full of practical business survival strategies.
- Discussion topics are submitted prior to the event and voted on by attendees upon arrival.
- Groups are peer-led, in-depth discussions, leaving participants inspired, informed, and renewed.
- Groups will cover tips and techniques, and address maximizing existing tools from email to cloud computing, and learn new technologies and digital marketing trends.
- The tone of the event is casual, the learning curve is intense, and it is all designed to spark the adoptive edge of each business decision maker at camp.
What to expect when attending
- Spark of Genius Camp goes from 9am to 4pm, so get some good rest the night before!
- Spark of Genius is a laid back sharing environment, so ditch the tie and put on your comfy jeans.
- Discussion groups are voted on by you during registration, and several sessions will occur simultaneously.
- Participants are encouraged to vote with their feet – if a discussion isn’t what you dreamed of, you can switch.
- Discussions will be facilitated by your peers who have submitted topics; leaders pledge not to sell or lecture.
- Bring your business cards, but don’t bring your product pitch – you’ll stand out like a sore thumb.
- The goal is to share, learn and network.
Submitting a discussion topic
Thank you for considering leading a discussion topic at Spark of Genius Camp and giving back to your community. Click here to submit a topic. It’s not about being an expert, it’s about discussing what is and isn’t working in your local market.
By submitting a topic, you acknowledge that:
- You will not sell any product or service at this event
- You are not seeking to boost your speaker’s profile
- You will never campaign for votes on your topic
- You understand you are leading a discussion, not a lecture, and there are no presentation handouts or slides
- You believe in improving the business community by sharing your first hand successes and failures and constructively discussing others’ experiences
Note: All discussion topics will be voted on during event registration, and participants will select which topics they wish to hear. No guarantees can be made as to whether or not any topic submitted will be held at the event.
We are extremely enthusiastic about this peer-led event and with your help, it is going to be amazing!
Tools you’ll need
- Notepad for taking notes, or a laptop or tablet (note: outlets may be limited).
- Wear comfortable clothes, as some rooms may be so packed, you may have to sit cross-legged to get to the action.
- Bring your entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, and thinking cap – participation is the fuel of this event.
Eating, drinking, and more
- Registration starts at 9am, and doors close at 9:30am.
- Lunch and drinks for Oklahoma City tbd, stay tuned.
- If you’re a Starbucks fiend, your cup of joe will be allowed.
Who is behind Spark of Genius Camp?
AGBeat launched in 2007, bringing new and innovative technologies, marketing strategies, guides, and more to industry, associations, and small to enterprise level businesses. AG is a multi-award winning business and news magazine with over 25 columnists, and our staff writers bringing you live, actionable business intelligence weekly.
The AGBeat content library boasts over 7,000 breaking news stories, ground breaking business ideas and concepts, features, tutorials, and lists spanning 80 business and industry categories. AG, completely built on the uncharted waters of social media now reaches over 2,000,000 readers per year and is currently growing at an average clip of 20% per month with absolutely zero dollars spent in advertising and marketing. We enjoyed a simple staff of three until 2012 when we increased our total number to seven, including our executive team.
The AG executives are highly respected, and are highly sought after speakers, as are our writers. Many of our columnists are in-demand public speakers across the country and across a variety of industries. Our very small team covers a lot of ground, and is highly leveraged in the tech startup and small business scene across multiple industries.
Let’s just say that when we use the term “SMB” to label ourselves, we mean that we are a SMB aspiring for the stars, just like you, and because we can relate to you, we are bringing our talents, skills and knowledge to bear to provide you with the most powerful business camp of your life.
Why Spark of Genius Camp was created
For years, we were begged to create an event that bucks the typical conference or un-conference where prepared speakers repeat information they’ve read online, yet have nothing of substance they’ve actually built themselves, all while gouging you for a quick buck using unsourced material. The noise is rampant and the business community needs and deserves more than an echo chamber.
We’ve listened to you, heard your voices through study, focus groups, and various channels, and as we’re known for have decided to blaze our own path. We’ve sought out a partner that gets our drive and our vision, and is literally paying your way to attend – that’s how serious we are. AGBeat, along with Constant Contact aren’t changing the game, we’re daring to throw out the old game altogether.